I participated in some Hunger Games Trivia via Sue at the Caille Branch Library. As a newbie fan I got 3 wrong, while the two little girls I talked with got a perfect score.
Here are the questions. May the odds be ever in your favor:
1. Katniss is named after:
a. a plant
b. a bird
c. a constellation
2. Which district do Katniss, Peeta and Gale live in?
3. What is the name of the day when the Hunger Games Tributes are chosen?
a. Harvesting Day
b. Threshing Day
c. Reaping Day
4. What is an Avox?
a. A servant whose mouth has been glued shut.
b. A servant who is forced to wear a bag over his/her head.
c. A servant whose tongue has been cut out.
5. How does Katniss honor rue?
a. By hiding her body in a cave.
b. By covering her body with flowers
c. By covering her body with a shroud
6. What is the salute of Katniss’s district and a sign of defiance to the cameras?
a. a song sung by the mocking jays at dawn
b. a lone arrow shot into the air at sundown
c. three fingers pressed to the lips, then raised to the air.
7. Jennifer Lawrence, the actress who play Katniss, was nominated for a:
8. Tributes from wealthier districts who train specifically for the games are known as:
9. Followng in her mother’s footsteps, Prim becomes:
a. a washerwoman
b. a healer
c. a cook
10. The arena of the 75th Hunger Games is set up in an unusual way, what is it?
a. a 365-trap cycle, like a calender
b. a 12-trap cycle, like a clock
c. a 60-trap cycle, like a second hand.
How’d you do on the Trivia?